Life Strategies LearnOnline
Technical Tips & Tricks
These technical tips and tricks have been compiled to support students using Life Strategies' e-learning management system, Moodle. This includes students from Life Strategies' LearnOnline programs and courses and also external clients (e.g., NCDA, CCDF).
In each course, there is a Technical Support forum where you can post additional questions or concerns that are not addressed here. For direct assistance, please feel free to call our offices (604-856-2386) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Course Activities
5.2. Managing Forum Post
Your preferences can be accessed from the LearnOnline home page or from within your specific course at any time.
If you are subscribed to a discussion forum, you will receive email notifications when others contribute. Although this can be helpful for keeping track of course activities, it can also get overwhelming, especially with larger groups. You can always manually subscribe to a particular discussion when you post to it.
To manage your discussion/forum posts settings:
- Click on your name at the top right-hand side of the page
- Select "Preferences"
- Select "Forum preferences" from the User account list
- Review and adjust your preferences
- Email digest type:
- No digest: you will receive one e-mail per forum post*
- Digest - complete posts: you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing the complete contents of each forum post;
- Digest - subjects only: you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing just the subject of each forum post.
- Forum auto-subscribe:
- No: don’t automatically subscribe me to forums discussions*
- Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion - Forum tracking: Set to “Yes: highlight new posts for me;” this is a very helpful function for keeping track of new messages.
- Forum tracking:
- Yes: highlight new posts for me*
- No: don't keep track of posts I have seen
- When sending forum post notifications:
- Mark the post as read
- Do not mark the post as read*
Our recommendations are indicated with an asterisk.