Technical Tips & Tricks
4. Course Resources
4.4. Problems Opening Resources
Occasionally, you may experience some problems trying to open the resources posted within the course. This could be due to an issue with your computer / Internet connection, our server, the course site, the resource itself, or a combination of any of these factors. Please let us know immediately (phone our office, email email@example.com, or a post within the Technical Support discussion forum) if you can't open a resource. Our team can help you to access the resource or provide an alternative.
To best support you, our team will need to know the following:
- Name of the course you are enrolled in
- Name of the resource you are trying to open and topic it is posted in
- Operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 8, OS X v10.11 El Capitan)
- Web browser and version you are using
- Details on what specifically happened (e.g., URL no longer active, file won’t download)
- Error message or code
- Be patient: The more you move your mouse around and keep clicking, the longer it will take, as this action interrupts what your computer is trying to do
- Check your system: Ensure that you have the adequate program to view the file (e.g., Adobe or PDF viewer)
- Log out and in again: If Moodle is experiencing a temporary glitch, you may simply need to log out and back in again
- Restart your computer: Sometimes, glitches in your system can be solved by simply restarting the computer thus closing any interfering programs
- Don’t panic. If you’ve notified our team, we will get back to you within 24 hours with a solution. Don’t let this problem get overwhelming or frustrating by trying the same thing over and over again. If you are concerned this issue will impact your completion of course requirements in a timely fashion (e.g., assignment submissions), email your instructor directly.