Technical Tips & Tricks
2. Computer Requirements
2.2. Problems with Old Internet Browser
If you are using an old Internet browser to view web pages, you might have problems viewing certain features on any webpage, including Moodle. We recommend using the most up-to-date browser to ensure the best functionality, security, and speed.
At a minimum, you should be using one of the following:
- Chrome 30 (Desktop & mobile) released OCT 2013
- Safari 7 (Desktop) released OCT 2013
- Safari 5 (iOS) released OCT 2011
- Microsoft IE 11 & Edge released JUL 2015
- Firefox 27 released FEB 2014
To figure out which version you are using visit https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ or check your settings:
- Open your Internet browser
- Find and select the “About” option
- Note: The specific location of this will vary depending on which system you are using. Use the help feature or search through your settings menu
- Review the dialogue box which will indicate the version or edition being used and if there are any updates available
We’ve found that some Internet browsers seem to be consistently better with our Moodle system than others (e.g., Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox vs. Internet Explorer). If you do run into tech issues due to your Internet browser, try using an alternative.