Life Strategies LearnOnline
Technical Tips & Tricks
These technical tips and tricks have been compiled to support students using Life Strategies' e-learning management system, Moodle. This includes students from Life Strategies' LearnOnline programs and courses and also external clients (e.g., NCDA, CCDF).
In each course, there is a Technical Support forum where you can post additional questions or concerns that are not addressed here. For direct assistance, please feel free to call our offices (604-856-2386) or email email@example.com.
5. Course Activities
The Wiki enables you to work collaboratively with your fellow students to add, expand, and change the content. It may be helpful to think of it as a white board or flip chart.
To contribute to a wiki:
- Read the directions and any existing contributions
- Select the “Edit” tab to access the editing functions
- Only one person can edit at one time
- Some common formatting options (e.g., bulleted lists, bolded font) are available to you.
- If you don’t see a function you are looking for, click the “Toggle Toolbar” ( ; aka “the kitchen sink”) button to view more options.
- If you’d like to first review your edits first, click “Preview” – changes will not be saved until you click save
In some courses you’ll need to work collaboratively in a wiki on a specific activity or task. Here you can edit each other's work (great for catching spelling mistakes), add comments (just like you might have a conversation with each other before adding a bullet to a flip chart), and can expand on an existing point (Consider using a different colour and adding your name or initial).
In other courses, you may find wikis as group activity sign-up sheets. Here a table will be uploaded for you to find a partner, entering your name any other requested information.
Old versions are archived and can be restored by course administrators.
Please note: Internet Explorer does not seem to support the Wiki function very well. We suggest you use an alternative web browser for best functionality.