Life Strategies LearnOnline
Technical Tips & Tricks
Life Strategies recognizes that our students have different comfort levels, experiences, and preferences for online learning. Our goal is to provide a streamlined e-learning experience. To support your success, these technical tips and tricks have been compiled to support students using Life Strategies' e-learning management system, Moodle. This includes students from Life Strategies' LearnOnline programs as well as courses Life Strategies’ is hosting for external training providers.
In each course, there is a Technical Support forum where you can post additional questions or concerns that are not addressed here. For direct assistance, please feel free to call our offices (604-856-2386) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Course Activities
The Wiki enables you to work collaboratively with your fellow students to add, expand, and change the content. It may be helpful to think of it as a white board or flip chart.
To contribute to a wiki:
- Read the directions and any existing contributions
- Select the “Edit” tab to access the editing functions
- Only one person can edit at one time
- Make your contributions and edits within the HTML
- Some common formatting options (e.g., bulleted lists, bolded font) are available to you.
- If you don't see a function you are looking for, click the downward arrow icon on the left ( ) to view more options.
- Click “Save” to share your contribution with the rest of the class.
- If you would like to review your edits first, click “Preview” – changes will not be saved until you click save
In some courses, you will need to work collaboratively in a wiki on a specific activity or task. Here you can edit each other's work (great for catching spelling mistakes), add comments (just like you might have a conversation with each other before adding a bullet to a flip chart), and can expand on an existing point (consider using a different colour and adding your name or initial).
In other courses, you may find wikis as group activity sign-up sheets. Here a table will be uploaded for you to find a partner, entering your name any other requested information.
Older versions are archived and can be restored by course administrators.