Life Strategies LearnOnline
Technical Tips & Tricks
These technical tips and tricks have been compiled to support students using Life Strategies' e-learning management system, Moodle. This includes students from Life Strategies' LearnOnline programs and courses and also external clients (e.g., NCDA, CCDF).
In each course, there is a Technical Support forum where you can post additional questions or concerns that are not addressed here. For direct assistance, please feel free to call our offices (604-856-2386) or email email@example.com.
5. Course Activities
5.7. Chat Room
To access a chat :
- Select the relevant chat room
- View the available chats
- Select the chat you’d like to enter, or
- Open by new chat by selecting “click here to enter the chat now”
- Your text will show on the right-hand side
- Attendees will show on the left-hand side
Although chat logs should automatically save in Moodle, we have lost some before. Therefore, before ending your chat, you might want to appoint someone from the group to save your transcript (by choosing edit, select all, copy, and then pasting into a Word document that can be saved and emailed to everyone in the group).
The Moodle chat is not like Skype or other instant messaging systems. It is not as advanced which results in the following:
- It is built on a short delay between when you type/send the message and when the message appears
- When it refreshes, it does “ripple”
- You can’t see if someone else is online (and active in a chat) until you start typing
- You can’t tell if someone else is typing a message which could leave you feeling uncertain whether to type or remain “quiet.” When in doubt, just ask.
- You can copy and paste into the chat window; however, no formatting will copy over